About This Site
We have chosen some of the more destinctive art fairs in the state. Focused events that don't stray from the original mission- the visual arts. Each of them has a personality. On some, the titles tell you just what to expect. The Clay, Glass and Matal Show. Funky Ferndale Art Fair.
Some are known across the country and beyond for being fabulous events.
Examples- The Ann Arbor Street Art Fair. The Wyandotte Street Art Fair.
Some are just fun to visit or unusual. If you would like to suggest a show for us to include go ahead and send an email. Be sure to include the name of the show and what you feel makes it special. Info@integrityshows.com
Our Favorite Art Fairs
Kalamazoo, MI Cool eclectic clearance sale of seconds by some of Michigan's best artists.
Kensington Metropark, Milford, MI A high quality juried art fair in a beautiful setting. Convenient parking, food trucks and surprises.
Detroit, Mi A beautiful boutique art fair in Detroit's popular Palmer Park near Woodward and Seven Mile.
Royal Oak, MI An interactive art fair with experts demonstrating art that is formed in fire- Clay Glass and Metal.
Detroit, MI Part Jazz Festival, part Urban Art Fair. Fun for all ages.
Detroit, MI Hundreds of lampwork glass artists making pipes for a cause.
Ann Arbor, MI Four huge fairs with over 1000 artists. Our favorite is the original!
Detroit, MI A beautiful art fair in a stunning setting- adjacent to the Scott Fountain.
Franklin, MI A select group of great quality artists. A smaller fair, easy to get around.
Voted one of the countries 50 best art fairs every year, by Art Fair Calendar. Twice as funky as the average fine art fair.
Artists have many options for showing their work. Why do so many choose to participate in art fairs?
• It's one of the best ways to meet the public and get their reaction to your work.
• You keep more of your earnings. There is a flat fee for participating. Galleries charge as much as 50% of sales.
• You have more control of the display and presentation.
• You select the timing and markets that best showcase your creative work
For many artists the rewards of meeting their buyers and of not paying a percentage of sales far outway the challenges.
Sponsors are an essential part of every event. Each project has it's own benefits so the list below just covers some basics.
• Art fairs shoppers tend to be more educated and to have more disposable income than many event attendees.
• The setting at most fairs is quieter- making it easier to communicate with patrons.
• People come to art fairs expecting to spend money.
• Many businesses find it valuable to be associated with cultural events.
Art fairs give you the opportunity to have extended conversations with potential clients. Musical and sporting events rarely provide that opportunity
You can buy art in many places. Why do art fairs make sense?
• Meet the artist. This helps you to understand the work, and most importantly, you gain a story to tell when people admire the art.
• Your money goes directly to supporting the artist.
• You are getting a one of a kind or limited edition work- something special and of value.
Many art buyers shop in multiple ways. Most do at least part of their shopping at art fairs so that they can meet artists and select work that fits their style. They prefer to have a relationship with the artist.