What is so Great About art fairs?
Artists have many options for showing their work. Why do so many choose to participate in art fairs?
• It's one of the best ways to meet the public and get their reaction to your work.
• You keep more of your earnings. There is a flat fee for participating. Galleries charge as much as 50% of sales.
• You have more control of the display and presentation.
• You select the timing and markets that best showcase your creative work
For many artists the rewards of meeting their buyers and of not paying a percentage of sales far outway the challenges.
Sponsors are an essential part of every event. Each project has it's own benefits so the list below just covers some basics.
• Art fairs shoppers tend to be more educated and to have more disposable income than many event attendees.
• The setting at most fairs is quieter- making it easier to communicate with patrons.
• People come to art fairs expecting to spend money.
• Many businesses find it valuable to be associated with cultural events.
Art fairs give you the opportunity to have extended conversations with potential clients. Musical and sporting events rarely provide that opportunity
You can buy art in many places. Why do art fairs make sense?
• Meet the artist. This helps you to understand the work, and most importantly, you gain a story to tell when people admire the art.
• Your money goes directly to supporting the artist.
• You are getting a one of a kind or limited edition work- something special and of value.
Many art buyers shop in multiple ways. Most do at least part of their shopping at art fairs so that they can meet artists and select work that fits their style. They prefer to have a relationship with the artist.